• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Heater Banding?

cwtjr81

Page feed? Is this the same as the distance adjust? I have found I'm only getting these results on this color combination. Other colors seem to work fine.

Thanks
Charlie

cwtjr81

The dampers have never been changed. I did have a air leak on the magenta awhile back and had to cut the end of the line off and get a new o-ring. I purchased the machine new going on 8 years ago. In that time I have replaced 3 print heads, 3 pumps, and the capping station all in the last six months. Had zero problems other than that. Is there any other way to confirm an air leak on the dampers?

Thanks
Charlie

randya

dampers are fairly cheap and should be replaced periodically, every 18 months or so.

They most likely should get changed whenever you change a head.

The dampers may not be leaking, they may be plugging up.

If you have changed the head 3 times, the seal between the damper may be compromized.

cwtjr81

I have 6 heads. I have not changed the same head twice. Maybe they (GEI) changed the dampers when they changed the heads then. If so the colors I'm having trouble with dampers have been changed.

Thanks
Charlie