• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Helicopter Wrap

CentralSigns

Anyone ever wrap an B2 A-Star heli. I have a client that wants a machine stripped and totally wrapped. Then after the promo (2 weeks) stripped and put back. Not sure if it will happenfor sure, he is still working out the particulars of the advertising campaign with another company thats involved. He says if it's on, it's mine. Is there a place to find templates for any type of helicopter style.

iSign

I don't pay attention to make & model because I usually only do small company names & flight numbers. HERE is the only job I was involved with that was more like a wrap, but the teal color is paint, & I printed the flower in 3-flower clusters of two sizes & just sorta wing it!

I hope you get to do the full wrap though... "cool eh" for sure!

Sticky Signs

What exactly do you mean by stripped? Of existing graphics? Hardware?
Carefull, Lots of thinga-ma-jiggy doodads on a copter. Especially on the belly. Make sure the pilot and mechanic sign-off on the install and make sure no sensors get covered up.

CentralSigns

What exactly do you mean by stripped? Of existing graphics? Hardware?
Carefull, Lots of thinga-ma-jiggy doodads on a copter. Especially on the belly. Make sure the pilot and mechanic sign-off on the install and make sure no sensors get covered up.

They will not let you work unsupervised on one, Stickey. Always a pilot/engineer over your shoulder. You have to use their inferior chemicals(isso alcohol) for stripping anything vinyl off. Also little to no heat, as some parts are bonded heat sensitive composites.

AUTO-FX

I was told by the mechanic supervisor to be very very careful with any trimming on the skin surface. A score in the aluminum could result in metal fatigue and result in a tear. I was insane after he told me that thinking about it. I snapped my blade after every minor little trim.

heyskull

Instead of removing the old, leave it on and wrap over them.
The guy wants it back to how it was before so when you remove the wrap of it's still there.

SC

Sticky Signs

Good. This is one job that you don't mind having someone watch over your shoulder. Seriously, if that things is air born and there's a problem with the install...

Hard to say without seeing the existing vinyl, but I'd probably just leave it on and wrap over it.

Sticky Signs

Haha, luckily for me the only helicopters I've done where for TV and movies. They've got lots of insurance!
I did get a call one day after doing my second or third copter. It was all of the big wigs at Warner Bros. on a conference call. Yeah, I was crappin' my pants because I thought I screwed something up. I was the last person to touch the thing before they used it for a shoot. Turns out that the special effects guys rigged a smoke machine to the copter for a stunt. They mounted it right next to the engines air intake. The engine got all gummed up from the smoke. Luckily no one was hurt but they had to take it apart, clean it and rebuild it. That stunt cost them a few of those insurance dollars...