• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hello from Pittsburgh

Hi guys. Just wanted to say hello and thanks. I spent 5 years working in a sign and graphics shop in Illinois. I touched about every area of the business starting from production and working my way to managment. During that time, I learned a lot from this forum. Recently started my own company and looking forward to contributing to the forum.

Thanks
Bryant

OldPaint

I CLAIM the "burgh" as home. grew up 30 miles southwest of it. prettiest country you will find.

OldPaint

BURGETTSTOWN, is the high school i went to. live closer to AVELLA, in a little town called PENOWA. familiar with morgantown as i went to PENN STATE fayette campus.........couple years.

Don't think I've ever made it by Avella or Burgettstown. Had a buddy who lived in Canonsburg that we would visit all the time. Probably as close to Avella as I've been. Any good restaurants or spots to check out over there that would warrant a trip from the city?

OldPaint

canonsburg has one of the best sign painters/pin striper around.....bill beckner.......i worked at the NAPA store there. if your a car guy, its the home of YENKO CHEVY..... penowa is famous for having the place of the oldest humans in north america...........http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meadowcroft_Rockshelter
asa kid i used to play under that rock shelter....
while you are there, tour the MEADOWCROFT VILLAGE. those 60 foot pine tress there...........i planted most of em back in 1958-60.)))))))

thewvsignguy

Welcome from Grantsville, MD! 45min east of Morgantown, just moved a little north from Deep Creek Lake where I know you are familiar with!

Jillbeans

Hello from 20 miles north. I was born in Pittsburgh and this is my 30th year in the trade, which has been on the downslide these past 8 years or so. I am gradually switching to small custom painted signs and logo design only. Signs will be merely a hobby.
I'm hosting the Walldog meet in Butler in 2016 if you wanna come up and help paint.
Love....Jill