• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help! Business License in Florida

Rebel Graphics

Hello guys, i recently moved to Florida and this will be my first business ever (legally). Can anyone help me with the type of licenses/permits I will need to run a legitimate business in FL? I do screen print and windows/vehicle graphics. I'm registered and have a EIN, what else do I need?
thanks in advance
newbie :)

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
At the very least you will need an Osceola County business license and a registration with the Florida Department of Revenue so that you can collect and remit sales tax. The license office can advise you of any other requirements, such as licensing requirements for any municipalities or other counties in which you may want to do business. You may also find that you will need to have your business license before a bank will open a commercial account for you. There may also be requirements to advertise any fictitious names, such as Rebel Graphics, you will be using unless you have incorporated your business in Florida.

Once you have done those things, you will also need to check on county and municipal requirements for pulling permits needed to do any installs other than on vehicles.

Good luck with your new business.