• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help, Can't Cut Anything

stitch

I disconnected the plotter and hooked up a laser printer to the same port and it printed fine.
One other thing, I am using Flexi 6.5 with Windows XP. (Didn't know if was significant in any way).

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I mentioned it earlier and Signage just mentioned it again. The issue may be LPT port versus Comm port. Do you know the difference? Have you tried hooking it up to your comm port and running it as a serial device?

Most plotters are designed to run as a serial device from a comm port.

signage

When the software is looking for the size of the media from the plotter it looking for serial communication. Make sure you either hook it up to a serial port or change the setting in Flexi for Parallel port (LPT)!

stitch

Flexi is set up for parallel (LPT1).
On another note, Howard, if you're online. You said I could download the CE2000 manual even though I have a 1000. Anyways, I read about "selecting the parallel I/F mode". This menu is not on the CE1000. It also says that Centronics parallel interfaces do not all employ the same timing for their signal lines... This function is suppose to allow you choose among 4 different timing modes. Still trying.