• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help for Summagraphics T600

szakal666

Hello, i have a Summagraphics T600 with the original 25-9 pin cable in the workshop and i can't make it to cut. The programs that i found on the Summa website don't recognise it. The cutter was working before i receive it. I have Windows 7 on my pc. How can i fix the problem?
Szakal

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
Serial to USB Adapter

Hi Szakal666,

If this is a serial connection, which I am assuming it is, you will need a serial to USB adapter to be able to connect it to your computer(unless you have a serial port, which is unlikely). We recommend the Keyspan adapters, but Belkin also makes them as well.

Once you have the adapter you will need to download an updated USB driver which you can do here - https://www.summausa.com/support/?tab=2&prod=S2andSClassTSeries#SummaSignProTSeries. When you finish installing the driver I would then reboot your computer. At that point you'll just need to configure the plotter in whichever cutting program you will be using. There are quite a few cutting programs and each has different setup instructions for the most part, so I would suggest contacting whichever software manufacturer you purchase the program fund so that they can assist with the configuration of your plotter.

If you have any other technical questions relating to your Summa plotter I would suggest contacting our European support team. They can be reached via email at support@summa.eu.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Summa Inc.

szakal666

Hi Phil,

Thx for the answer, but...
I have a Com port on my pc (it's a few years old machine). I connected the cable, started the plotter but it wasn't detected no baudrate. This time i was tryin with summacut.

Attila

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
Hi Attila,

I would assume that it would either be a bad cable(most likely), a bad board on the cutter(worst case scenario), or the serial connection on the computer is bad. Of the three options the least expensive by far would be the cable, so hopefully that is the culprit. I would suggest trying another serial cable to see if that corrects the issue. If it doesn't then I would reach out to our European support team by email at support@summa.eu.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Summa Inc.