• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help: HP Latex 570 OP Intermediate tank keep emptying tank

Steven.Cao

HI,

The OP intermediate tank keeps emptying tank, I changed 3 new OP ink in the last 6 months. the OP intermediate tank won't pass 0.5L.

when I click 'Force Refill', the printer stop the process very soon.
then there is a 'X' icon on the 3L OP ink. also the amber light turns RED.

when I click 'Replace', and reconnect the 3L OP ink, it shows 'expired ink warning', click 'confirm'. the amber light turn GREEN.

when I repeat 'Force Refill', the same issue shows again, the refill stops very quickly, and the intermidate tank is not filled any more ink, stop at 0.5L.

The printer stopped working completely last Friday. unfortunately I run out of OP ink(775ml) and have to wait new ink coming in next Tuesday.

What can be the main cause for this issue? air bubble in the tube? failing PIP? pump? expired 3L tank?

I haven't take it apart yet. Your advice will be much appreciated.

Thanks!

balstestrat

Problem Solver
What does it say about the 3L? What's the error on it?

That cartridge, pump or PIP. I would check under the 3L to see if there is leakage or is the pump even trying.

Steven.Cao

open the cover for the ink pumps.
I found out the leakage around the OP pump area.

Can I just replace the pump or I have to replace the whole OP ink pipe with pump?
First time I have this issue.
any advice will be great! thanks!

Attachments

• 20231102_123737.jpg
    20231102_123737.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 82

ToTo

Professional Support
Switch off the unit, unplug air tube somewhere to release pressure and disconnect all supplys. Open the pump head and clean the membranes and plastic parts and reassemble everything. Maybe you should flip the membranes .
Don’t forget to reconnect the airtube…

Steven.Cao

Switch off the unit, unplug air tube somewhere to release pressure and disconnect all supplys. Open the pump head and clean the membranes and plastic parts and reassemble everything. Maybe you should flip the membranes .
Don’t forget to reconnect the airtube…
I installed a used pump and replaced a new OP intermediate tank in November.

The printer worked well in Nov and Dec, probably 1-2L OP ink, now there is only 0.47L left in the OP intermediate tank. the printer doesn't show how much ink is left in the OP 3L tank. I guess 0.5-1L in OP 3L tank.

The force refill function doesn't work for the OP intermediate tank, It won't pass 0.47L.

I check the OP pump and ink line, no air bubble.

Any suggestion, Thanks!
20231230_225408.jpg

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I don't trust used parts. That's my suggestion.
New pump + new 775ml + new 3L. Then try again unless you think PIP is messed but I doubt it.