• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help, I've fallen down and Roland won't help me get up

SignManiac

So I have a Roland Soljet Pro IIV SC-540EX running ColorRip ver. 2 on an older XP machine limited to 3 gigs of ram. I'd like to move ColorRip over to my Win 7 64 bit machine with 20 gigs of ram.

Roland tells me that ColorRip will only run on XP. Does anyone know of any other solutions to get around this. I just can't imagine trying to run large print files on such an underpowered setup?

Thanks guys!

FrankW

Colorip is an OEM of Wasatch Softrip. The current version of the Wasatch Softrip should be 64-bit-compatible, and in the past they have offered nice-priced updates from Colorip to a Roland Edition of their RIP-software.

http://www.wasatch.com

Dennis422

Buy an iMac and install Xp on Parallels or WMware Fusion.
That way you will have both systems on a great machine.

I'm not sure that it will work, but this might be one of the solutions.

(not trying to start PC vs. MAC)

SignManiac

Thanks for the lead Frank. I'm looking in the Roland soft rip.

Dennis, I'm not about to switch to a mac at this stage of the game. Besides, I have a more than capable computer. Either way I'd have to invest in a new rip.

FrankW

You do not need to switch to Mac to virtualize a Windows XP, such tools are available on Windows too, but I think too it will be better to upgrade the software: its not just the 64-Bit-compatibility, there are additional features in comparison to the old Colorip.

DIGIXTRA

Digixtra
Win XP

Sorry to disagree with you...but if the Rip is designed to run on 32bits and XP then that is what it is good at. It definitely can not take advantage of 64bits or accessing more ram. It may be a bit faster due to the CPU speed but that all...We run Wasatch and Postershop X10 on XP and it is more than enough for the printers to catch up with the rip. Unless you use the feature Rip and Print but that is not much help but trouble.
My 2 cents

SignManiac

I found out that Wasatch makes a color rip upgrade that will run on a win 7 64 bit platform. It's only $700 bucks so that solves my problem!