• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help! Lines in lamination finish.

furbs407

Hello, my name is Brent. I appreciate any feedback or help with this issue.

Print was fine and dried overnight, laminate looked good before lamination. Once laminated I noticed these lines in the finish.

Has anyone seen this?

Attachments

• IMG_6063.jpeg
    IMG_6063.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 116

MarkSnelling

Mark Snelling - Hasco Graphics
If the lines happen every "X" inches for XXX feet, then someone likely left the rollers down and in contact with each other for a weekend or a week. You'll end up with a flat spot in the rollers if you do this.

If you have heat, turn the heat the highest temperature you can and let the rollers spin for a solid day and it will go away. If you don't have heat, literally leave the machine running all weekend. It should slowly get rid of the flat spots.

MarkSnelling

Mark Snelling - Hasco Graphics
Souldar - by the way, back off on your supply tension....the way your print is curled way up on the end is a sign that you are stretching the hell out of the laminate. Less is more....you just need a little bit of drag. If you apply that to a board or wall or whatever, the graphic, for the rest of its life, will be trying to curl up.

netsol

If the lines happen every "X" inches for XXX feet, then someone likely left the rollers down and in contact with each other for a weekend or a week. You'll end up with a flat spot in the rollers if you do this.

If you have heat, turn the heat the highest temperature you can and let the rollers spin for a solid day and it will go away. If you don't have heat, literally leave the machine running all weekend. It should slowly get rid of the flat spots.
GOOD suggestion