• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help me identify this laminator

cmykpro

This laminator was left over from another shop I purchased a while back. We have never used it however I saw it in use when we made the purchase and it is in working order. It's marked it-6000 and when I google it I have found pictures of a seal that looks extremely similar. I'm trying to find out exactly what model it is and what it might be worth. I want this out of my warehouse so any suggestions are welcome.
it6000.jpg

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
That's a Seal IT-6000 / Image 6000. Old one.... I have no clue of what it might be worth. I'd think if it still is in good working order and the rollers are good that it would definitely have some good value.

phototec

That's what I assumed but I cannot find a pic of another one with the red sides like mine has. I also cannot find any Seal markings on it either. Any idea of value?

A few years ago I purchase a Seal Image 5400 (54") for $2500 and drove from Texas to NJ to pick it up and trailer it back to Texas.
At the time there where a few other Seal Image 5400 going for $3500 to $5K.

I spoke with a Seal tech right after I purchased mine and was told they are built like a tank and should last a long time if you take care of the rollers.

I'm thinking yours may be a 60", and should be worth a little more money.

Good luck

Attachments

• Seal Image 5400.jpg
    Seal Image 5400.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 138

CES020

A few years ago I purchase a Seal Image 5400 (54") for $2500 and drove from Texas to NJ to pick it up and trailer it back to Texas.
At the time there where a few other Seal Image 5400 going for $3500 to $5K.

I spoke with a Seal tech right after I purchased mine and was told they are built like a tank and should last a long time if you take care of the rollers.

I'm thinking yours may be a 60", and should be worth a little more money.

Good luck

We recently bought that same machine, the 5400 for $650. The rollers weren't in the best of shape. I think Edward Sissorhands was the operator. We just order 2 new rollers for it. In the few conversations I've had with Seal they've told me their parts for it are very limited.

Do you still have the 5400? If so, I'd love a couple photos of various areas. I get the feeling some little bits and pieces are missing, but I don't know what it's supposed to look like so I don't know what's missing :)