• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help Please! FC7000 not powering up

bnorris86

I turned my machine on and tried loading a sheet of vinyl to cut. While it was scanning the sheet size, the head went all the way to the left and power went out. Checked the outlet and it is good. So I try to shut off main switch and repower up and I hear a relay click, and the display lights up for a split second and then shut down again. Every 5 seconds or so if I leave the switch on it does the same thing over and over again. I unplugged it for the night and tried again this morning and it is still doing it. Anyone have any ideas or have had this problem. I bought this machine from Signwarehouse a few months ago as a "Low usage" demo unit. It was supposed to be an actual Graphtec FC7000 however (and it is badged as one) however it has the Signwarehouse Vinyl Express Q75 software loaded into it so it is basically one of them. Unfortunately it was bought "as is" so there is no warranty.

Thanks
Brandon

einsteingraphic

Brandon,

I am an authorized service center for Graphtec. Just so you know were I am coming from. It could be a few things that are happening. Lets start with the easiest and work our way through. First I would open the right side cover. Make sure all ribbon cables are attached. If it is a few months old, they may have had some damage in shipping or became loose. The next step would be the power supply board. Check to make sure 40 Volts output. Try that. I will send you a PM with my contact info. I will try to talk you through as much as I can over the phone.

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
The problem is with the main board, it has a short and the power supply is shutting down to protect itself. We are also Graphtec Service Authorized, if you still need help give me a call or send me an e-mail.