• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HELP!!!... SC-500 Print Black all over full page!!!

jvelthoven

The ink is really heavy on the page like the CMK are firing at 100%... The print I was printing an image that was about 30" wide on a 52" page and it was printing black over the whole 52" page.... Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jay

Dave L.

The sponge in your capping station may have expanded out, siphoning (black) ink into the other nozzles. Try a manual cleaning and send the heads down to the service area. You can then get a good look at the Cap. Will have to be replaced if this is the case, possibly the dampers too.

jvelthoven

Why would it be printing the full width of the page with black and the first inch of the page with Magenta? It prints the full width of what ever I have the printer page set to... I have it set to a page size of 52" and the actual print is only 30" in width... but the print head is firing the whole 52" width not just the actual print width of 30" its printing on the full 52" pass.

Thanks,
Jay

Dave L.

I think your RIP software may be set to "fit to media size". What software are you using, what's the history on the machine? That fuzzy magenta black print is bad news, try and get a new capping station quick, they're about 80 bucks.

Clean your encoder strip, check your cap stations, and lastly unplug the printer/swap power cables going to the print heads/repower and see if this happens with the head you changed to - if so you have a bad cable.