• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HELP!!! Summa won't cut after reading OPOS marks.

420ilerBuzz

Hi Everyone:

Having an issue with our new Summa D160 S2. Once it's done reading the OPOS marks, it just goes back to the home screen and does nothing. No cutting. Just sits and eventually goes into sleep mode. I have tried hooking it up to USB (it's on a network right now), and every other way - still nothing happens. I spoke with Summa, and they have no clue why this is happening. I'm hoping a tech can get out here tomorrow to look at it. Has anyone ever encountered this, or know what may be causing it? The cutter works great other than that. I have a huge amount of work piling up because of this - if anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Love this site and all the great people on it as well - hopefully someone can help this frustrated guy out!

PsHADeadGuy

Hello, sorry to hear about your issues. We have a couple of different Summa's here in our shop. I know this is a few weeks too late, but is it possible that there could be a problem with your art file? Possibly with the cut image being locked, or not on the same layer?

gabagoo

I tried running usb on my d140 and it didnt even read the marks...how long is the cable? can you try using a serial port?