• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help tiling a large project on cutter

SMac

:banghead: I am using a Roland CX-24 cutter and cutting directly from Corel X3.
I have a graphic that is 71" high x 12' long, so I need to tile it on my cutter. I have gone into printer settings, and changed the layout settings to tile, (this works on a printer but not on my cutter). When I try this setting on my cutter, it cuts the first page, then cuts the second page over top of the first page. I can't get it to advance the vinyl to cut the next pages. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks :Canada 2:

animenick65

Relax on the posting buddy. Posts in most of the sectios of the forum show up on the front page. So rest assured plenty of people will see it.

GARY CULY

OK so take the file on your screen after designing ...copy /paste another one ..set them side by side ...find where you want the "split" sometimes you can make a seam where there is no lettering ,ust background ...pull down a guide line ..put another 1/4 in below it ,,one 1/4 above it ..remove the center one ...slice the first file on the bottom line ,delete the lower portion of the design ...slice the top line on the second one ,dlete the top part of that one ,,,,send each file one at a time ...now you have overlap built into the 2 pieces ...simple fix you could do it in the time it took to read this ...if it was a print ..put a square mask over the top and bottom doing the same thing