• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HELP! We are DEAD in the water! 5500 Seal Laminator Down for count

logotogogo

Hi everybody- We are in dire need of any suggestions to help us fix our laminator. We are in Winston-Salem NC. The power just quit, plug is good. This dinosaur is heavily relied upon. Thank you for ANYTHING!

JBurton

Signtologist
My money says somebody bumped the E stop, but here's some troubleshooting from a guide for a 6500.
1722015059631.png

Boudica

I'm here for Educational Purposes
My money says somebody bumped the E stop,
LOL, that happened with our Kala one day. I was getting really frustrated, and worried that the laminator suddenly up and died inside. It turned out to be the E stop. someone hit it by accident, and it took me about half an hour to consider that and check it.

MNT_Printhead

Working among the Corporate Lizard People
I use the e stop on my Kala often and then forget when I start it up again. Usually when I have problems with this slitters or can't hit the stop button from the back of it. I need to buy the remote for it.

JBurton

Signtologist
I have about 3 different e-stops that folks forget about, ask for me to look at a machine, so I can once again show them the big red button that nobody touched...

Joe House

Sign Equipment Technician
I got called for a laminator service recently on a model that I wasn't familiar with. It was dead, so I started at the outlet and traced the power. The 3rd item in line after the power entry module and fuse was (you guessed it) a safety switch. I turned it and the laminator came to life. I felt a little silly. The customer was ready to roll it out to the curb. He was happy that I "fixed" it for him.

JBurton

Signtologist
I got called for a laminator service recently on a model that I wasn't familiar with. It was dead, so I started at the outlet and traced the power. The 3rd item in line after the power entry module and fuse was (you guessed it) a safety switch. I turned it and the laminator came to life. I felt a little silly. The customer was ready to roll it out to the curb. He was happy that I "fixed" it for him.

netsol

does your model have 6 keys like mine does?
i believe turning any of the keys also triggers an emergency stop

MarkSnelling

Mark Snelling - Hasco Graphics
I know these units pretty well. Feel free to call me. I've still got relationships with two technicians who know that unit VERY well and if that doesn't work, I've got a customer in Chicago who has a PRISTINE 5500 with zero cuts or blemishes on the roller....almost looks brand new.

Rebelious1

Premium Subscriber
I have a Seal 62D Pro that was purchased new by Bell Helicopter and the Seal service tech said that it had been "Gently Used".