• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help with wrapping a boat

Kipp

Looking for a decent wrap material, thinking avery or 3M probably 36" or 48" roll by atleast 100ft. What would you recommend? I'm looking at fellers and a few other sites but is there anything cheaper?
Also, what do you recommend for going over the edges after it's installed to help keep the material tight to the boat? Thank you for any advice on this one! I've done a couple cars and boats in the past and want to make this one better

Kipp

thinking Orocal 651 but it's a calendared I believe? not many curves on the boat but want it to last
Oracal_651_Ice_Blue_2214ac58-eeea-4db1-a182-30f86afcc36d.jpg

White Haus

Not a Newbie
651 is NOT wrap film.

Solid color wrap films will come in 60" wide rolls.

Product lines from the big 3 will be:
3M 2080
Avery SW900
Oracal 970RA

Plus all the other off-brands.

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
we wrap boats all the time. we either use oracal 970 RA, avery SW900, or 3m 2080. sometimes we tape the edges down. we do take the caulk off and reapply caulk after we complete the wrap.

Last edited:

Todd Wigington

Wrap Guy and Sons
No matter what, seal the edges along the bottom with clear seal. We have wrapped a ton of boats out here in AZ. Always use a cast material whether it’s color change or printing. If you can, get them to pay you to add ceramic coating. Makes it easier for the owner to clean the boat and go through the water and adds another good revenue stream!! We sell ceramic coating to almost every customer and they love it.

Kipp

No matter what, seal the edges along the bottom with clear seal. We have wrapped a ton of boats out here in AZ. Always use a cast material whether it’s color change or printing. If you can, get them to pay you to add ceramic coating. Makes it easier for the owner to clean the boat and go through the water and adds another good revenue stream!! We sell ceramic coating to almost every customer and they love

What is the ceramic coating how is it applied? I'd be interested in that.

They just want a solid light blue color, nothing color changing.