• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help

kyyachocolate

Purchased a large 15’ x3’ sign for our business. The guy said the faces (dual sided) were easy to replace. I believe the material was panicked or flex face, but what are these mounting clips called and where can I find them? Any help would be appreciated.

My understanding this was an enterprise car rental sign mounted on a pole. We are mounting on a 3’ monument (per city code).
IMG_2887.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2886.jpeg
    IMG_2886.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 63
  • IMG_2885.jpeg
    IMG_2885.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 60
  • IMG_2884.jpeg
    IMG_2884.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 57
  • IMG_2883.jpeg
    IMG_2883.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 64

DL Signs

Never go against the family
Not familiar with that one, but it's an old syle, hopefully not obsolete. Might check with Signcomp for a match.

If no one figures it out by Monday when I go in I'll ask the boss. He's pretty good with the old stuff.

AndersHerp

Something, something Dark Side
I talked with my boss about where we get ours, he said to call Eastern Metal Supply. They might be able to help you, but I don't have a number. He said they are a national company, and it looks like they are predominately Midwest/East Coast when I googled them. Hope that helps.

JBurton

Signtologist
It would be more helpful to see the area of the sign that these hook/bolt into. Looks like you could use a standard flex clamp, skipping the jclip, but it's all about how this mounts up, or, we are missing the j clip section. Here's a flex clamp for reference:
1016180919_New.jpg

Here'sa link to Reece supply's website, you can see some other versions of flex face clamps:

JBurton

Signtologist
Wait, why do you want to replace the clamps? Just reuse the existing ones on your new flexface. Unless the faces are fused and not wanting to release the clips, but even then, an afternoon cutting these loose is cheaper than a new set, if you have a shop peon that is...

kyyachocolate

Well somebody disposed of most of the original clips before releasing they were hard to find.

I saw the Reece clips, they might work. I will call eastern metal supply.

DL Sigbs - can you ask your boss if he/she might know? I am pretty sure this is real old school technology.

DL Signs

Never go against the family
DL Sigbs - can you ask your boss if he/she might know? I am pretty sure this is real old school technology.
He's never encountered those exact ones before, but similar ones. Most of those long obsolete, and no longer available.

He said best option is to install a Retro Frame kit, they're made to convert std frames to flex face, and update old ones. They completely replace the old extrusions, and use modern hardware. He did say they're pretty costly though. Going through our vendor stuff I found the attachment below, might be other sellers.

I'm thinking that another option, since you're making a monument out of it, closer to the ground, and for yourself, maybe an affordable option is frame it out, make or have a cap formed, and use rigid faces???

Attachments

• D - ABC Retro Frames.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 11

kyyachocolate

here's the cabinet...the clip was installed reversed, but you can see the connection is done with the clip and a self tapper hex head screw. these were about 4-6 inches around the frame on both sides. there are no ridges as in the modern flex frame models. if there is a retro-fit version, open to it. the kids taking the old sign out threw the clips away before I could salvage them, so only have 6 of these remaining.

Attachments

• clip 6.jpeg
    clip 6.jpeg
    985.5 KB · Views: 19
  • clip 2.jpeg
    clip 2.jpeg
    996.6 KB · Views: 15
  • clip 3.jpeg
    clip 3.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 19
  • clip 4.jpeg
    clip 4.jpeg