• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Here's my review of the EZY Taper Laminator

Speedsterbeast

So after looking at the Ezy Taper At the ISA show in both Vegas and Orlando, I pulled the trigger and bought one.
I got a demo model and saved about $1000.00
When I was researching them I had a hard time finding real-world reviews of them,so I thought I'd share my experience so far.
I've had the unit for over 4 months now.
I have to say that although the learning curve is long, slow, and expensive on material, I am quite happy with the product.
It's solid and very well designed. For a simple machine there is a lot of little well thought out features.
Here is quick list of pros and cons.

Pros:
I don't think this machine will EVER wear out or breakdown- So longevity (although perceived only at this point)
Speed- It will work as fast as you can crank
Versatility- Laminates, Mounts Prints / Vinyl, Applies Application Tape (although I haven't found this useful yet) and even removes polymetal protective sheets fast and easy (I have found this very useful)
Space Saving-Due to it's versatility
Well Built- Sturdy for sure- The rollers can take a sharp corner of metal or even a poke from a knife with no damage
Simple- In design- No power required, so no noise or power consumption
Portable- Can be wheeled around the shop to different tables etc. and has quiet locking casters

Cons:
Price- After all I like about it I still think the price tag is high since it's more than twice the cost of some quality laminators.
Hard to Master- Took a long time and a lot of wasted prints to make every mistake possible on the unit- some of them twice. And the only help is You Tube
Not sure I should say the support is bad because I never tried to call the Canadian Distributor about any issues, but I expected a follow up call to see if I had any issues after I bought it. Something I think is reasonable for any item over a few thousand dollars in any industry- but maybe that's just me and my past sales experience talking. So I am a little disappointed there.

So I can definitely say that although I spent a lot of money and had moments where I thought I had really made a bad choice, I am really quite happy with the EZY Taper and I am actually liking it the more and more I use it.