• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hexis vinyl - what do you know about it?

gabagoo

I have a supplier trying to push me on this Hexis digital vinyl. I have never heard of it.

Anyone here using it and if so how do you find the print quality and the cutting?

J Hill Designs

I have been using their suptac (non-printable) vinyl for quite a few years - cuts well, lays down well, no failures to date.

I have just started using their economy vinyl for my solvent printer - their house profiles seem to work great

andy

Hexis vinyl is manufactured in France to all the relevant European quality standards and is one of the leading brands in the EU.

Personally I'm loathed to use anything but Hexis.... having tried many different brands of vinyl in the early days we switched to a Hexis only policy about 15- 20 years ago.

Having bought a bazillion square metres of Hexis over the years I can't recall a single thing to complain about; great product, reasonable price and very efficient delivery.

gabagoo

The sample I have is a calendered vinyl... how would you compare it to an oracal 651 for weeding purposes?

J Hill Designs

always weeds fine for me with correct pressure - I dont use oracal, but this stuff always seemed a bit thicker to me than other vinyls...

schramm

I use there etched (frost) vinyl and I love it! Cuts great, weeds great and looks better then both oracle or avery's versions of the same.

sjm

Surprised people still use etched vinyl when a matte laminate offers so much more.

SurfaceSigns

Just curious who is carrying Hexis in Canada? I had to contact their US office, just waiting for the samples and pricing.

schramm

Surprised people still use etched vinyl when a matte laminate offers so much more.

I cannot begin to tell you how much of that stuff I sell to businesses all over the US! Personally I don't really think it looks like etched or frosted glass persay but it is close enough for a lot of people as I cut about (20) 24" x 50 yrd rolls every 6 months. Businesses just don't want it permanent anymore. EGV is a great alternative. I have sold a ton of it to homeowners as well for front doors and sidelights as well. I own better then $10,000 worth of sandblasting equipment and honestly sales are almost 50/50 when it comes to etched glass. Anymore I think that it simply comes down to price.

knucklehead

I'd like to know more about the "matte laminate" offering so much more than the etched look vinyl. Never heard, or thought of using laminate. Thanks Mike

RiXaX

We've been using it this past year. Only problems seem to be the smell of some colors. When we pull out the roll of white there is this toxic smell around and my wife wants to put on a mask like if spraying paint. We've also had problems with their paint mask bonding too tightly to release liner for high tac app tape to lift off.

andy

It sucks. Shrinks like crazy.

Like everyone else Hexis make a whole range of vinyl films... it's up to you to budget for and select the right grade for the job in hand.

Cheap calendered vinyl irrespective of who makes it will ALWAYS shrink like a bugger.