• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hey Ya'll!

TheDecalGal

Hey ya'll ... I'm Jen. I am very new and found the forums the other night during a search and decided this is a great resource for a wealth of information that I will be needing. :)

Now, don't laugh too hard at the following details, but they'll give you insight about me & my business:
A. I've owned a few successful businesses in the past, so when I received a Cricut Expression (yes, the craft cutter!) as a gift, I thought "Hey, I can make $$$ with this!" and started out using the Cricut & Sure Cuts Alot 2 to cut vinyl for decorating personalized gifts.
B. Customers started asking for decals (Stick Figures, In Loving Memory, etc) and I discovered my passion ... Vinyl Decals!
C. I am in the process of converting my business away from the vinylized gifts and towards vinyl decals.
D. I have never been in the "sign business" and don't ever plan on it. My focus is the decals. But I joined this site here because the sign business is the "Godfather" to decals, in my opinion at least. :)
E. I am aware that I will need to upgrade my equipment and software, and am working towards a 24" plotter. Suggestions as to which make and model, along with software, would be awesome!
F. I am desperately in need of Decal Clipart, preferrably in .EPS format! (Again, I am currently using a craft cutter & software along with Adobe Photoshop). I see some really awesome stuff on "competitors" websites and I have NO CLUE where to obtain it. Any suggestions for this would be awesome as well. (Yes, I discovered ExpressClipart.com but that's about it, honestly!)

And now for the not-so-laughable ... I have only been in business for 7 months, but I have grown it up enough to quit my full-time day job while still paying all my bills and extra for fun too. So, even though I'm a "newbie" with a craft cutter at this point in time, please don't ignore me or not take me seriously. I am very serious about my business and it's growth.

So, that's me (currently at least) in a nutshell. So when you're done laughing at my craft cutter ... please reply, say hello, and help a newbie out! :)

Jen

Last edited:

Craig Sjoquist

Welcome to a outstanding forum and people.

We all started somehow, and if your paying your bills after 7 Mths. your doing something right, enjoy.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Welcome Jen-

It took me four times of reading through your post to get the gist that you're not just in it for a hobby. I also come from a background of humble beginnings as it relates to equipment, and I can totaly relate to the challenges you're facing.

Hang tough, and read everything related to the business you can get your hands on.

JB

BobM

Welcome from Cape of Cod. Get a real cutter and kick some butt. You sound like you have what it takes.

txsurfer

One suggestion would be to start Subbing out Full Color Decals, grow the Business without having to invest in equipment at this point.