• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hi from So Cal

Zzyzx

Hi from So Cal

We have been doing industrial vinyl tags for a few years and got a large printer about six months ago. We converted from 4" printer/ cut machines.
It is similar but a big mind set different.
I found this picture that I am fascinated with: The caption on the picture reads: "Headlines posted in street-corner window of newspaper office (Brockton Enterprise). Brockton, Massachusetts, December 1940. Reproduction from color slide. Photo by Jack Delano. Prints and Photographs Division, Library of Congress" I down sized the picture for this post if you want a larger copy i will send it.

I have always been interested in hand painted signes, in the 60's I and another person did ad signs for Safeway Stores every Thursday ( with felt tip pens). This shows similar news signs, I assume done with brushes.
This picture show3s many types of hand signs
Zzyzx is you are interested is an exit on I-15 to Los Vegas.-

Attachments

• news headlines.jpg
    news headlines.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 79