• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hi to all

happyman

Thought I would drop a note to introduce myself and tell about me some. I started out in the printing business around 97 working on off set sheet feed presses,cutter, folders and such. I would sub as an operator when one of our customers would need a sub for night shift. I watched the big change over in the priting industry to digital and made the move myself to copiers and digital presses. I worked as the sales manager of a small copier sales and repair company for some time before moving away for a business deal that went bad,lol.

We recently started a small print shop and have been busy with that. We are focusing on business cards, letterhead, envelopes, forms of all kinds and flyers for the most part. As a new business we find no matter what are plans are or have been the buying public will shape your business as well. This is what brings me here.

We have been getting ALOT of folks ask about doing a coro sign for them to go with the flyers we have made for them. They want the same thing as the business cards we have done for them put on a coro sign. We do alot of work for brand new businesses so we do the cards, flyers and all the other printed marketing materials and alot of them want mag. signs for a car or truck and coro signs for getting a new business name out. We find our selves becoming a marketing company showing new business owners what they should do to get more customers and how. I just need a few classes to get my MBA and thought I might go back and get it and maybe flip our name over to a marketing company but hard to say.

Having said all that we can't be all things to all customers and be good at any of it, at least not this early in the game. We thought about finding someone local to work with but we sent out 2 small projects only to have the sign shop call our customer, tell them they are the one doing the job and to buy direct from them next time. I called the guys and they said they had worked for them before and felt like they could service them easier without them going through me! I wanted to beat them but I guess business is cut throat no matter what. I won't make that mistake again.

We are interested in finding a partner to work with that brings the signs aspect with him or find someone to wholesale signs to us. I don't understand it but I'm starting to thing we can sell more signs than printing,lol. We don't advertise signs at all but get more calls for that than anything. Must speak to the signs companies around here service. I have seen us have customers tell us they want one company to do it all or at least hae one place to deal with for everything if possible.

Anyone with any interest in partnering or a suggestion of a good wholesale that focuses on wholesale signs I would be interested. Thank you for any help you can give or advice in general. I know after reading alot of posts here that new folks are kicked in the teeth here but hey at least I'm not trying to be a sing shop yet I'm trying to work with a current one and if I wouldn't have been screwed by 2 local sign companies I would still be sending the work to them.

We are in the Kansas City area so email if interested or post here...

jdb

"I don't understand it but I'm starting to thing we can sell more signs than printing,lol. We don't advertise signs at all but get more calls for that than anything."

This is kinda what signs has turned into nowadays. Printing. It's done with a printer, it's printing. They look a lot like prining as well since they are printed. Signs used to look quite different. People know they are now being printed so they expect a print shop can print signs. There is actually not much difference IMO. They now look like printing, just larger. There used to be a big difference between printing and signs. They used to look very different, now they don't. Not saying it's right or wrong, times change. At least computers got rid of some very lame sign painters who put out trash and low balled, that part has'nt changed - the garbage and low balling.

D

DARLAK

Welcome from Niagara Falls...

see the merchant members at the bottom of this and every page for wholesale