• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HI

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoyDesign

How's it going?
Well I've been lurking around reading some of the threads here since I've been wanting to start up making signs and finally decided to jump in. kinda

A bit about me.
I graduated from a graphic design school where I assisted the teacher making signs for his sign shop. After that I've worked on and off in various areas doing graphic design work which included a paper and 3 sign shops two were franchise and one a home grown working for a guy that started out doing hand painted signs.
anyway... I'm an appliance repair tech that does some logo and branding work on the side.. and want to push toward sign making..
Well after searching I found a plotter (bridge pro720) not top of the line or anything but it was a great price and figured it could get me making signs and just save any profit towards what I'd really like to have.. I figure gotta start somewhere and with a family and bills the budget for side work equipment is basically not there. lol..

Right now I'm hoping the plotter will be able to run and cut from illustrator but I'll have to play with that tomorrow and see what happens.

what I'm hoping to get out of this community is a wealth of knowledge and hoping to pick up some tips on how to market myself to be THE top sign person/company in the area. :)

Thanks for reading and sorry it's a little long winded.

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
Welcome from OK

Look into having members here do your printing for you. Being able to sell printed signs will help you grow much faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.