• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

High quality or standard?

SOA

high quality just passes more and it overlaps more...with getting the calibration correct the media passes through faster but still avoids banding....slightly less ink + FASTER production! i do think high quality is slow!

cdiesel

I've never understood the mentality that higher quality uses more ink. The only difference would be if the profile is setup differently to change max ink limits (which some are, but it's minimal).
Otherwise, you're covering the same area with the same amount of inks. Sure, the dots may be smaller, but there are more of them.

B Snyder

I've never understood the mentality that higher quality uses more ink. The only difference would be if the profile is setup differently to change max ink limits (which some are, but it's minimal).
Otherwise, you're covering the same area with the same amount of inks. Sure, the dots may be smaller, but there are more of them.

:thumb:

cdiesel

Oh and almost everything we print is on standard. Some yard signs go high speed but that's about it. Mesh banners print great in billboard mode.

visualeyez

I do just about everything in high speed mode. Maybe my SP540V is just calibrated well. But yeah, I get great colors, density, and image quality at 360dpi. Heck, press quality is only 300dpi, and that looks great close up. I just printed 5 full bleed 3x6 banners today in under 2 1/2 hours. This is for high end clients and they never complain. I only bump it up to standard mode for backlit signs and anything on poster paper.

-Keith

You never have to apologize for good quality. Mostly it depends on the time you have to print and the price you have quoted.
As for the backlit signs- defiantly use the options of Double Print (return to origin and print again) or the Over Print as this really makes a big difference in backlit quality.