• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

High resolution wood grain images, what's the best site?

Andy D

I'm looking to buy a high resolution image of wood grain, with multiple boards
but can't seem to find a site that a decent selection. Any Advice?

TimToad

Attachments

• wood1.jpg
    wood1.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 232
  • wood2.jpg
    wood2.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 184

TrustMoore_TN

Sign & Graphics Business Consultant
I have a bunch I could send you via Hightail. I'll put together a contact sheet with the images so you can let me know what you want. They are huge and look really good. I've pulled them into photoshop to change the color if it doesn't match what I need.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Doesn't Fred have something like that and it's seamless, to boot ??

Thanks for remembering. :loveya:

All our our woodgrain images are seamless tiles. Sizes up to 3600 x 3600 pixels that can be used as a pattern in Photoshop, FlexiSign, Corel, Adobe and other apps to create as large an image as you need at high resolution without distortion from resizing.

Right now we have a half price sale going on. Just enter 50OFF at check out to receive the discount.

http://www.allcompu.com/category/Textures:-Wood/1/page1/

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I have the aurora graphics collection if you want a good one.

:dog42

Having distributed their product line briefly, I would say that you must not get out much. They are mediocre, overpriced and over rated and have the most restrictive licensing you will find anywhere.

Kaiser

Shoot and tweak. Hands down the best advice I could give regarding this. It will save you loads of cash in the long run.

Usually I pick up my camera and set up a couple softboxes all at the same distance to get homogenous lighting all round and lay down whatever texture I need. Gives me freedom to provide 100% original artwork to a client.
Set your camera to twice the stop you have on your flash units. That should give you perfect exposure.

This obviously for photo enthusiasts. Another way is to create a small light box with foamcore/k-line and set a few lamps. You might have to play around a bit with the direction of the lighting but once set up you have a goto photobooth for textures and objects. Take care with white balancing and your good to go even with a compact camera.

if you can get your hands on D50 lights, this box can double up as a light box for spot colour checks on your prints.

Shoot in RAW to have maximum editing leeway.

ams

:dog42

Having distributed their product line briefly, I would say that you must not get out much. They are mediocre, overpriced and over rated and have the most restrictive licensing you will find anywhere.

I do agree that they are overpriced and restrictive, but they have some nice work.

JR's

What, no wood jokes. Am I the only immature person reading this.
Fred you have some nice, I can't finish it. LOL

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I do agree that they are overpriced and restrictive, but they have some nice work.

It's a long read but this thread may interest you. Dave Dorsey's reply is here. There are times when one might decide to that a supplier is not worthy of one's business even when one could use what they offer.

Andy D

Shoot and tweak. Hands down the best advice I could give regarding this. It will save you loads of cash in the long run.

Usually I pick up my camera and set up a couple softboxes all at the same distance to get homogenous lighting all round and lay down whatever texture I need. Gives me freedom to provide 100% original artwork to a client.
Set your camera to twice the stop you have on your flash units. That should give you perfect exposure.

This obviously for photo enthusiasts. Another way is to create a small light box with foamcore/k-line and set a few lamps. You might have to play around a bit with the direction of the lighting but once set up you have a goto photobooth for textures and objects. Take care with white balancing and your good to go even with a compact camera.

if you can get your hands on D50 lights, this box can double up as a light box for spot colour checks on your prints.

Shoot in RAW to have maximum editing leeway.

That's something I have been wanting to do, Unfortunately, on this one I don't have the time to go out and buy the wood, and atm the only camera I have is on my phone.
Here is a episode from one of my favorite podcasts where they set up a small studio light box.... one of these day's I will get around to it.

[video=youtube;OyxzC5kqbyw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyxzC5kqbyw[/video]

Marlene

totally off topic but when I read the response, I loved seeing our dear friend shovelhead aka Al again, he is so missed

Kaiser

That's something I have been wanting to do, Unfortunately, on this one I don't have the time to go out and buy the wood, and atm the only camera I have is on my phone.
Here is a episode from one of my favorite podcasts where they set up a small studio light box.... one of these day's I will get around to it.

[video=youtube;OyxzC5kqbyw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyxzC5kqbyw[/video]

You dont necessarily need wood. Foamcore works just as well and has a nice white finish. Camera? If you have an Iphone 5 or higher you can get results that are sufficient enough for some run of the mill prints. Heck, im printing images 1m2 taken by clients and some are actually suprisingly good. Most phones have better capturing capabilities than some of the first digital cameras I used to work with a few years back.

Andy D

You dont necessarily need wood. Foamcore works just as well and has a nice white finish. Camera? If you have an Iphone 5 or higher you can get results that are sufficient enough for some run of the mill prints. Heck, im printing images 1m2 taken by clients and some are actually suprisingly good. Most phones have better capturing capabilities than some of the first digital cameras I used to work with a few years back.

LOL, I meant wood to take a picture of....
Good point on the camera phone though...

bigben

Thanks for remembering. :loveya:

All our our woodgrain images are seamless tiles. Sizes up to 3600 x 3600 pixels that can be used as a pattern in Photoshop, FlexiSign, Corel, Adobe and other apps to create as large an image as you need at high resolution without distortion from resizing.

Right now we have a half price sale going on. Just enter 50OFF at check out to receive the discount.

http://www.allcompu.com/category/Textures:-Wood/1/page1/

Hi Fred, does your images could have similar quality to Dinoc products when printed? I'm quoting right now a project using Dinoc and I would be cheaper to print it myself and laminate it.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Hi Fred, does your images could have similar quality to Dinoc products when printed? I'm quoting right now a project using Dinoc and I would be cheaper to print it myself and laminate it.

They're sharp and should compare favorably, however, I have never dealt with Dinoc so I would suggest that you download and use one of our free samples to check quality.