• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Highway & road signs

ABPGraphics

This is from an engineering firm - I know it needs to be ordered to spec - If I send this to Grimco will they have the part #'s for all you think? Is there someone else an alternative vendor that you all know about -

Or maybe somewhere I can go to figure out the sign codes & post info

I don't do a lot of traffic signs - so I am not sure on some any advice would be helpful

:thankyou:

Attachments

• sign.jpg
    sign.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 127

Jillbeans

Could you fax or email that pic to Grimco?
It might be worth a try.
I'm sure someone on here will have some info for you.
Love.....Jill

J Hill Designs

why dont I ever get sign schedules that concise? I usually have to sift through 100+ pages of blueprints to even bid on these engineer spec'd jobs

ABPGraphics

The signs I have found fairly easy in Grimco - the posts are a different story - meaning how do I know..... height - width - galv.-green - round - square - timber????

Mosh

Grimco should have the metal posts, I get them from there. The others are just 4x4's (home depot)

megacab

The signs I have found fairly easy in Grimco - the posts are a different story - meaning how do I know..... height - width - galv.-green - round - square - timber????

ask the question if you can't figure it out based on the schedule you posted. when a company sends out an RFQ, they generally tell you in the front end of the specs, where to send questions to and by what date. trust me when i tell you they will have no problem answering your question, usually thru addendum, if the job is worth doing. my experience has been that if they don't answer the questions, you absolutely have to figure worst case scenario. unless you feel like gambling.....when i am in a gambling mood, i spell out in my scope letter exactly what i am quoting and what i am excluding.

ABPGraphics

Yes I sent this info into Grimco - They still are not sure of the Posts I need size & type - anyone got any opinions on this? I would like to put together as much as I can before having to go back to the customer - Timber Post? - P2 Post?

Attachments

• sign.jpg
    sign.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 69

Mosh

For the P2 I would say they mean a 2 pound post, that is a common thing for this type of sign. They do not tell you a length, so you might ask that. Grimco has 2 pound signs in green and galv. in several different lengths.

Williams Signs

If you call the Architect they will have a list of vendors you can get all this stuff from. If they include specifics in their plans they have to have a valid product from someone. This will help clarify what exactly they are looking for.