• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hire an Installer or DIY?

503WRAPS

Do you guys hire a subcontractor installer for wraps or do you DIY? My shop is a couple doors down to a large car modification shop and they hire subcontractors who install their window tints whenever they need them. Seems efficient but curious what you guys do.

Mike F

If you have someone who knows what they're doing, do it yourself. If you'd like to do it yourself but don't have someone, take a class or do a ton of reading and watch tutorial videos and try it out on your own vehicles first until you're comfortable with doing it. If that sounds like too much time & work to invest, sub-contract it out. Whatever you decide, just don't go trying to install for a client if you don't know what you're doing. I've never installed myself but I have a few friends who have, and I'm sure anyone that does installs will agree, mistakes are easy to make if you're not experienced and the bigger the wrap the more expensive each mistake becomes.

Aklaim

I hire somebody to come in and do it. I use the materials that he prefers to work with and we have great success. It leaves my guys free to get the rest of the work done and not tie them up for 1-3 days on one job. Plus the person I hire to install runs a small sign shop but they don't have a printer so we barter here and there for what we need from each other. Matter of fact he's in my "garage" wrapping an HHR as I type this.

Pat Whatley

I don't do wraps but I've come to realize that any time I can find a competent person to sub installation or production work out to the more money I can make.

Won't work for all shops but it works very well for mine.