• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hit me with your best shot!

Pinfinity

yea, don't even think about knockin my work! just kiddin... please help me with my rusty design skills on a brochure layout. Not finished, but I won't go any further untill I receive PROFESSIONAL opinions. Would it help if I said I'M A NICE GUY? LOL!

Attachments

• Salon brochure 1.jpg
    Salon brochure 1.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 86

iSign

looks good... the photo is modified such that your white copy works well, but something about the purplish color bugs me... wondering if a redder version could work?

The only think I really don't like so much is the repetitive logo ovals in the non photo areas... wondering if a nice texture could work if it had her logo embossed in real subtle like... but just one time much larger...

*edit to say I looked back & realize 1 large logo (even just a subtle embossing of a texture) might not look right spread across two thirds of a tri-fold, so maybe one in each third...

Malkin

Layout looks good to me
:thumb:

Maybe the "WOMAN" should change to "WOMEN" since the other categories are also in the plural.

Pinfinity

Thank you ISIGN, the photo has a transparency and the purple you see is not really how it looks on the file. The repeat logo is to opaque looking in the attachment. I never thought of using a texture background....I'm going to try it and show you if you don't mind. Thanx for checking my work

iSign

Thank you ISIGN, the photo has a transparency and the purple you see is not really how it looks on the file. The repeat logo is to opaque looking in the attachment. I never thought of using a texture background....I'm going to try it and show you if you don't mind. Thanx for checking my work
I was hoping you would :)
I figure the repeating logo is aimed at creating a sort of texture, with a subtle branding effect.... but I agree it is too dark... and anyway my alternate idea seems to have met with some optimism, so I'll shut up, quit trying to "sell" it & get back out of the way...

Pinfinity

ISIGN, exactly...the repeat logo is aimed at creating a wallpaper background and it is too dark. I applied a transparency to it as well, but i'm getting bad feedback, so I'll modify the background. I respect your comments..thanx

Pinfinity

Hey zhee zhee!.... thanx about the background, I'm workin on it!. I really like your background fill, but I just went to a wake last week, and the funeral palor had that same fill as flock wallpaper. I'm just kiddin...hope you don't mind? I get the idea, and I believe your the one who does a lot of brochure, biz card, etc work..correct?

W

wetgravy

Edited: I really don't remember what I was gonna say, nevermind.

GypsyGraphics

about the background, I'm workin on it!. I really like your background fill, but I just went to a wake last week, and the funeral palor had that same fill as flock wallpaper.?

personally, i've never used that antique wallpaper background, but i though it looked similar to the look you were going for.

my personal choice would be a screened back version of something more artistic, along the lines of...
foliage_bckgrnd.jpg mozaic_bckgrnd.jpg

Pinfinity

GG, check it out! I love your wallpaper on the right. How or where can I grab that image for high res use? is it a stock photo image? looks really nice and different!