• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Holy nighmare! Cleaning & greasing rails?

CheapVehicleWrap

ok, so I have my special Mutoh KY lube (coincidence? I think not) and I'm cleaning the rails of my 1614 VJ. Is it humanly possible to get to the lower rear rail? I mean REALLY! Some of you have to be doing this once a month. I can't reach in there to clean it properly and I just can't wait until I have to lube it! ARGH

HaroldDesign

I use a rubber band to attach small pieces of a lint-free cloth to the round end of a large paper-clip bent to get in there.

HaroldDesign

If you uses it 6-8 hours a day, it's recommended once a month. It's on their site. Hopefully you don't hear any squeaking noises yet because I wouldn't want to be the one changing those bearings!

Thanks Caleb, I'll give it a try. I imagine you're applying the grease the same way.
Yes. I've been using Mobile-1 synthetic grease. Seems to be working...

CheapVehicleWrap

All lubed. Thanks again, the paperclip worked great. i can't believe they just point an arrow with no explanation on how to get in there.. ohh wait.. no it doesn't surprise me.