• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hood Stripes

WOODBS

I have a Challenger hood and deck stripe to do, using oracal 951. Normally I do dry, what do you think of wet no app tape? Been using Rtape at-42 or something?

AUTO-FX

Wet with no app might be ok if it's not precut. Sure I'd float a big peice on there, squeegee it out and lay fine line down to trim. Just wrap your squeegee with a peice of a t shirt or a good paper towel so you dont scratch the surface.If its plotter cut, I'd rather have the tape on it. I'd put it on, squeegee it real nice, then soak the app tape and let the water loosen up the app tape adhesive so it peels off nice and easy.

WOODBS

the rtape is not paper its flexible even..prolly do that since i've done ton of mustangs that way..

TopFliteGraphics

I always use R-Tape Conform for hood stripes. On the header panel, I use wet with no tape. I've done about 30-40 Challenger hoods...

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
I have no idea what the art looks like so I wouldn't be able to give you the best suggestion for the specific job. I know that I have wet applied flat sections before, works great ... paper tape is perfect for that since like others have said you can wet the top of the paper tape and it will release from the graphics much easier. On the bumpers I wouldn't wet apply, and it really comes down to comfort to application for the tape ... i prefer paper for it since I can apply on all my flats of bumpers then peal off and use my heat gun and felt squeegee for applying into contour curves and recesses. mostly, If I'm designing the job and if it's a custom stripe, I truly make it custom for the customer ... at which point ... really wet applying is the wrong way to go.

auto accents sc

We wet apply the plotter cut challenger hood graphics all the time without application tape. We also do the front bumper the same way. We like the yellow turbo squeegee. I think it is common to window tinting. It works great.
Jamey