• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Horizontal Banding on printed graphics

mhyson

We have a Mimaki JV3-130. Lately, it's been printing very distinguishable horizontal bands when we print. Most recently, on a vehicle wrap job. We printed on 3M ControlTac. Anybody else have this happen to them? Why might it be doing this, and how can it be corrected?

4R Graphics

There could be anumber of things causing this.

Please post a picture so that we may get a better idea of what is happening so we can try and help.

My first thought is either media comp needs to be adjusted or you have deflections or both really need to see apic.

xxtoni

As bearwen pointed out it could be a lot of things.

If you can send us an image of what the bands look like and based on that we might be able to tell you more.

I've head a similar problem with my VS-640.
http://www.signs101.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=74996&d=1332447469

This is what it looked like.

For us it turned out to be a dirty encoder strip, which was easily fixed by cleaning it with alcohol.

But there could be many other causes, one for example is the weight of the roll. If the roll is too heavy the pinch rollers might not be able to pull it and that's what causes it as well.

Keep us posted

Regards
A