• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hosting emails

We have custom emails for our domain. However we have been using gmail to host these different emails. I run into to problems every couple of months plus we get a lot of junk emails from old accounts and stuff through gmail.

What are some of the ways you manage multiple email accounts? I really don't want to use outlook but I will if that is the best option.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
What kind of issues in particular?

We go through Yahoo with our domain and still get the occasional spam, but otherwise they're usually reliable.

Whatever you do, make sure you keep your domain name in your email address, as apposed to (whatever)@gmail.com. I can't believe how many people have full fledged domains and still continue to use the unprofessional gmail, yahoo, hotmail, etc... domains.

JB

Locals Find!

You could set up a microsoft exchange server to host your email from GoDaddy and continue to use gmail as your email client (think of gmail like outlook in this scenario) gmail would just be used as the interface to read your email. This is how I setup my office. It works out decent enough for my 116 agents.

There are also web based email options from Godaddy that are very very inexpensive that are similar to gmail in the interface but, are only for your domain email.

You have lots of options. Just do a bit of research and find the one that fits your needs best.

Ditchmiester

We Currently use Rackspace to host our Email and they have been fantastic. They have a couple of options for their online interface which aren't to bad. I personally like outlook or for free Windows Live mail as a desktop client works pretty good. The reason we went with Rackspace is they offer 25GB of storage per mailbox and you only pay for the number of mailboxes you need. They also offer IMAP and it works flawlessly on multiple devices.

particleman

As far as webmail goes gmail is the king. I use it for personal and have an apps business account. If you are wanting to cut down spam then you need to keep up on your unsubscribes and tagging spam. Gmail as a whole has one of the best (if not the best) spam filter available. Google also uses their same search algorithm in the search which makes it basically instant. However, gmail is not Outlook and this bothers a lot of people in my experience. Curious what other issues you are having?

If I wasn't going to use Gmail I would use Rackspace mail, I've had good experience with that.