• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How can I simulate this?

Shovelhead

The customer provided a photo of their "logo".
I would like to provide something better while saving me less
work utilizing their image.
I'd like to start with black copy and "fill" it with baubles, bangles and beads.

The budget does not substantiate purchasing FilterForge. :ROFLMAO:

:thankyou::signs101:

Attachments

• Graphic2.jpg
    Graphic2.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 95
  • 14362909.jpg
    14362909.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 74

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
The customer provided a photo of their "logo".
I would like to provide something better while saving me less
work utilizing their image.
I'd like to start with black copy and "fill" it with baubles, bangles and beads.

The budget does not substantiate purchasing FilterForge. :ROFLMAO:

:thankyou::signs101:

Easily done in Photoshop without the need for Filter Forge. The main problem is that you need a cutout version of each bauble to use to create the tile.

Checkers

Where did the letters come from?
If it's from the client, I would suggest dumping a lot of that crap on a table and take a few high res pictures.
Import the pictures into Corel and powerclip the image into the font of your choice. You'll probably have to convert the font to curves first though.

Checkers

Shovelhead

Easily done in Photoshop without the need for Filter Forge. The main problem is that you need a cutout version of each bauble to use to create the tile.

Where's the ":ROFLMAO:" Fred?
Does it include manually placing each bead element separately?

CES020

Can't you just powerclip it into the text? Or am I misunderstanding what you are asking?

Attachments

• be.jpg
    be.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 68

Shovelhead

I know how to physically do it. Maybe I'm just looking for a high-res
bead fill or a more efficient effect.
How about in the Juice Font collection??

iSign

The middles could easily be a mask of any image of shiny colorful crap and look good... it's the edges where they have to decide if just masking any old letter shape that cuts through the middle of beads is OK with them. There's no substitute for placing each bead separately... if they want that mosaic tile effect to follow the shape of each letter.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Where's the ":ROFLMAO:" Fred?
Does it include manually placing each bead element separately?

If what you are seeking is to maintain the scale of the beads while retaining some semblance of resolution, then the best way to go at it is to make a seamless tile of the content. So yes, each bead is placed once in a single tile and then the tile is used to fill whatever size you need for the produced print.

The time needed from the point where you have the beads separated from any background would be 15 to 20 minutes.

Here is a low rez version of a similar tile I made a while back. If you want the high rez version, I can put it up at Express Clipart.

Attachments

• gems01-400.jpg
    gems01-400.jpg
    359.7 KB · Views: 118

Pat Whatley

Do people actually get away with some of these suggestions?

Face it, there are a couple of photoshop actions that will yield some pretty weak results. Doug's right, you're going to end up placing each jewel image onto the letter individually to get it to look right and it's gonna take a while.

Plus, you can always do all 26 letters and try to sell them through a clip art site.

CES020

Oh, I see now. You want something very different than all we have posted? You wanted the beads to follow the outline of the letter?

I retract my earlier post then :) That clearly wasn't what you were looking for.

Bigdawg

Just Me
Clipping wouldn't work IMHO... the edges aren't clipped off... the pieces are fit in to the area to make the shape with no straight cut edge. I think Pat's got it right...

Pat Whatley

You have no idea how entertaining I'm finding the mental image of you sitting at the table with a box full of fashion beads, a couple of kitties, and the new Adam Lambert CD trying to make pretty letter.

dlndesign

I'd print out the lettering on the plotter, then take some beads, place them down, then get some hi res pics, clean up in photoshop, BAM!