• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How do I print backlits on HP45500

dasigndr

Premium Subscriber
anyone have any idea how to print a backlit on a clear poycarbonate on the HP45500 UV flatbed? There is a setting for backlit roll material (which works absolutely awesome, beautiful vibrant prints), howeveer ther is no setting for printing a backlit on a rigid sheet. I tried creating my own but it does not give me the option of telling it that it is a BACKLIT I am printing, therefore telling the printer to apply more inks.
Any help please???

dasigndr

Premium Subscriber
return to origin

OK., but who is to say the registration will be exact.
I will try.
Thanks, dennis

dasigndr

Premium Subscriber
sorry

OK, sorry. I was not aware. I only wanted to make sure it was seen by as many people as possible to get the most help possible.
Thanks, dennis

Mspec

I would run the rigid sheet while using the backlit profile you already like, run it at 1200x600 resolution, and in HQ mode in order to get the highest saturation. I assume since you are running on clear material that you are doing a reverse print, and plan to put a white backer of some sort < cast white vinyl, latex paint applied by a roller, sheet of white backlit film ) behind the backlit sign to give it the most pop.

Good luck.

dasigndr

Premium Subscriber
I would run the rigid sheet while using the backlit profile you already like, run it at 1200x600 resolution, and in HQ mode in order to get the highest saturation. I assume since you are running on clear material that you are doing a reverse print, and plan to put a white backer of some sort < cast white vinyl, latex paint applied by a roller, sheet of white backlit film ) behind the backlit sign to give it the most pop.

Good luck.

I got it going last night Finally!!! I did just what you stated and it turned out super vibrant!!

Thanks