• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

how do i shape this in flexi?

slappy

I posted something similar to this a few years ago about a rope, but cannot find it in my searches.
Anywho, I need to modify this saw chain I'm working on. I found a high resolution photo and traced it, now i need to shape it to the rounded rectangular shape around the blade. Any suggestions on doing this in flexi?

Thankyou thankyou:smile:

tsgstl

Break it down into simple triangles per section and array them around the radius of the end of the oval. (make sections, select all, go to arrange menu, then step and repeat, select far right option) It looks like basic shapes that make up the teeth. In fact you might just want to do the top and bottom the same way so it matches. As far as I know any other way to do it is going to distort it and not make the teeth on the inside be proper.

slappy

think i kinda figured it out. I took a chunk like you said and did the step and repeat with a circle, but only used half of it. It works.....