• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How do I stop these double cuts

Drip Dry

I've been trying to figure this out for years. I know it's easy, but I just can't get it to sink in.

I have these boxes where the cut lines of the boxes overlap each other. The cutter cuts both lines and then through the backing
I know it has something to do with the combine function > separate overlap... or something

Go Ahead, please... someone make me look stupid

Thanks

Attachments

• squares.jpg
    squares.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 177

wedosigns

What software are you using? There must be two cut lines, so one has to be deleted. Mabey welded like script fonts.

thewvsignguy

Make sure you don't have any extra strokes on there. By having any stroke in your cut file will make flexi cut the path twice.

TammieH

Draw long vertical and horizontal lines spaced at the distance you need for your box sizes...use the step and repeat commands. (Illustrator you would use the "Move" command (Control+Shift+M) and select copy.

...if you are using Illustrator or Composer you can add nodes at the intersections where you need to delete line segments as your drawing shows.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Set up 1 cut file and use step and repeat for the additional output.
You can adjust the spacing between each decal.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
dude, you are making a grid of boxes ... that is almost corel draw 12 style. You have to remove every other box alternating every other row either that or create a grid of single lines and not boxes ... what program are you using so we can give you steps to do so.

John L

Flexi Section ^^

Jtrube..
I just drew straight lines with the bezier path tool, adjust length. Step and repeat.
Drag a copy of one out, rotate 90 deg, then step and repeat it too. Align as you wish.
Then, if you like... effects- combine- weld.

= Checkerboard with no double cuts.

tsgstl

I have the same problem EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING
I do a lot of labels through another company (small runs, consecutive numbers, etc etc) they give me sheets 7"x15" ish and they are filled with different labels butted up together. I have to break up the file (appears to be illustrator)
If I draw a line and then contour cut it, it cuts the line twice. Flexi treats a contour similar to a outline at 0% therefor cutting it twice. The every other box only works well with equal sized boxes. And it also leaves the outside to cut twice over each box you left.

I ended up telling my guy to never give me a file without spacing between each cell. I spent enough time as I could before it wasn't cost effective to continue. If I could know a answer it would be great. It seemed like a problem with a obvious answer but I couldn't find it.

wedosigns

He or she posted in the Flexi forum...
As well as a simple design program as well as a rip and cutter program, we still need to know where it was created. The double cut is somewhere in who know what design program(illy, corel, flexi-it all goes into flexi).
Looks like I would just redo the file, since it is so simple. See what you get.

Drip Dry

Program is Flexi.
File was supplied to me. I think it was done in Illustrator.
This is a simple example, but often it is more of a complicated file to deal with.

I have seen it done by a guy who worked for me in the past.
Had something to do with the combine command . It would separate the overlapping lines and then he would delete them.
I just can't get it to work.

Anybody

visual800

draw boxes and line them up and then select arrange>spacing and choose 0.00 as the spacing size, they will land on top of each other. you can shoose vertical or horizontal in flexi

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Program is Flexi.
File was supplied to me. I think it was done in Illustrator.
This is a simple example, but often it is more of a complicated file to deal with.

I have seen it done by a guy who worked for me in the past.
Had something to do with the combine command . It would separate the overlapping lines and then he would delete them.
I just can't get it to work.

Anybody

There isn't a whole hell of a lot you can do with the file you have except redo it with simple vectors as someone described above. You can't weld all of the objects, that will produce on big empty rectangle.

This sort of thing is not all that uncommon when people are given Illustrator files from which to cut. It would seem that Illustrator weenies that don't cut vinyl often are only concerned with the top view and thus don't worry about overlapping vectors.