• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question How do you estimate/quote job?

Zach Starr

Head of Printing Operations
This has probably been beat to death but I'm wondering how ya'll estimate/quote your jobs?
I've been using Createabid.com which has been great cause it's got a lot of stuff setup but now that I'm on Quickbooks I feel it's rather redundant to use Createabid and then put that same info into QB.

And if you're using quickbooks how do you figure your pricing for stuff like printing time, ink usage, waste, etc...?

Just trying to find the easiest solution to this as quoting can be a pain in arse at times.

Quickbooks is more of a simple to the point software. You can only put in line item, and basic costs in there. I would recommend working up a cost sheet on excel or any online software, and adding that in the line item for cost in quickbooks and saving it with selling price. That way you don't have to keep going back and making cost sheets again and again, unless there is a change your purchasing cost. Only in unique cases you would need to make fresh estimates, for regular jobs you can just use it off quickbooks.