• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How do you Update Firmware on a RJ6000?

Headhunterx

How do you update the firmware. It says in the service manual you need a Flash memory card to put in this huge slot on the back what kind of card is it? I have tried an adapter like you use in a laptop and have inserted it in the slot with firmware on it and it does like it says in service manual all leds light up but screen only has black boxes no letters show up and it just sits there. I have searched everywhere to find a solution but to no avail. I must not have the right file or card can someone that works on these machines help?

Thank You,
Richard

randya

The latest firmware release for the 62" was 2.13.

The Flash Memory card is one that would have firmware preprogramed on it.

It may be difficult to find one of these cards to borrow.

Headhunterx

I asked this before but I am in need of a way to do this ASAP!!! And I am willing to pay for the right memory card with the firmware on it.

Thank You,
Richard

randya

Is there anyway to make me a copy of the image that is on the card?

Richard

Not that we know about, apparently these are 4 meg cards.
We had been buying them from Europe, pre-flashed and they are no longer available.

I PMed you on the info you requested and hopefully you will have more success than we have.

Border

Is there anyway to make me a copy of the image that is on the card?

Richard

Not to be used as a means to pirate anything, but rather as a way to make a backup to something that is obviously no longer available... there is a software program out there that I use from time to time to burn flash cards for one of my my old synthesizers which are no longer supported.

The program is called Memory Card Explorer (MCE) and is from a company called Elan. The program is not cheap but the trial period will let you makea couple of burns. Ya just gotta be careful because it counts every read of a card as a use so you will quickly use up your trial period.

You can make images from flash cards and then burn them to another pcmcia card, usually with your laptop. But those cards are all different so you have to make sure to use a compatible card when making the copy or the end device will not recognize it.

That being said, you would still need to find someone with one of the old cards that is willing to make a backup copy. And as I understand it, this would not fall into a pirating category since they no longer make or sell these, correct?

I've got an old RJ6000 that could probably use a firmware upgrade sometime too if I ever get one of those cards. But it needs a new motherboard first.

randya

The firmware is available publically, do I dont see any issues with piracy, in this case.

We actually may have more capabilities that I thought.
I will post when I find out.