• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How long did you say this was................................. ??

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Had a guy stop in two weeks ago. He's the building manager at a place where we maintain and do all the building signs. They get new tenants from time to time and to save money, they bring the panels into us and then put them back up after we clean and re-apply the new names.

Well, we re-did the entire building almost two years ago and re-vamped everything. A new tenant was being done, but then he handed me a few panels for an existing tenant and said, this one was spelled wrong. You made a mistake. Okay, mistakes happen. Whose fault was it didn't bother me. I actually did the input on this job and admitted we probably goofed up. So, the manager said he'd be back by the end of the week to pick everything up.

Okie-dokie.

Here's where it gets a little tense. The 'new' tenant called the following week complaining I didn't have the signs up, yet. I explained that the manager was to pick them up last Friday and didn't. Well, this thoroughly p!ssed this tenant off and he said he'd come right out to pick up the signs. However, he didn't take the other guys [misspelled tenants] panels along. Don't know why, he just wouldn't take them. Guess attorneys are like that. Don't wanna get involved unless they're compensated. So, the end of last week comes and now the misspelled guy gets his shorts all bunched up and starts complaining about no signs and I told him the manager still hasn't come by, although he told this guy.... and me he would do it on Tuesday or Wednesday.... last week. Monday rolls around and still no Brett. I get a rather p!ssy e-mail that it was my mistake and I should take responsibility for getting his signs up promptly. Okay, well, it took you 2 years to notice said mistake and no one caught it in the proofing section of the original order which everyone was involved in, so, I don't see how my re-arranging my schedule should matter a day or so. I want it up by Wednesday morning or I will take action. I also get an e-mail form the 'lost' manager about doing him a favor as he can't do it and afterall, it was my mistake.

I went in last night and put all the panels up, did some cleaning up and was out of there in like 15 minutes. Didn't take long, but it was not on my schedule to be doing. Had I been asked to replace these few panels, I would've made arrangements to come in, take them down and put them back up within our scheduling it. However, when I'm blindsided with something and have to change my time around, I get f*ckin' p!ssed off and don't take sh!t from any of these bums. Yeah, right. That's why I changed it last night.

I don't know, I wanted to tell the manager off, but these people bring in a nice amount of work and we're looking at a big project in the very near future and I don't wanna upset the apple cart. My wife said to just calm down. Idiots will be idiots and besides..... whose mistake was it in the first place ?? Oh F*CK ME, not you, too.

It's not the replacing it, the travel time or anything, it's the baboon who said he would do it two or three times and then let me holding the stick, while I didn't have it scheduled.

Okay, I feel better, now. generally, these tings are like water on a duck's @ss. It just rolls off and no never-mind, but for some reason, this manager is always doing stoopid things and I have to pick up after his lazy @ss. :smile:

TammieH

Yeah, I feel you, I have a tendency for typos, but when you send art to a customer and they do not catch it
and no one says anything until the job is done its a bit aggravating. I even put a disclaimer at the bottom of
the proof sheet.

People really do not take the time to proof. I will send .pdf files and number multiple pages (Page 1 of 4)
so that the customer knows that there are more than one page and versions.
A lot of times they only look at the first page...they really need their hands held sometimes.

Tim Aucoin

Bill them for your time on the next order(s)! I have a PITA charge I use quite often. It is a hidden charge of course!! :Big Laugh