• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

how much would you pay for a SC500?

FatCat

The SC is a totally different printer than the CJ. The SC uses epson DX4 heads and 6 of them not like the CJ's DX3 head and uses 2 of them. The SC can be fitted with rolands new pump that is outstanding were as the CJ cant. The SC has 2 wipers were the CJ has 1. The SC has 6 captops were as the CJ has 2.

SC's surpasses the CJ in speed and quality.... Hey ben if you want the user manual and the service manual I can give those to you just PM me.

I believe your confusing the SC-545 with the SC-500.

Here is an SC-500 (almost identical to a CJ 500)
http://signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2595&highlight=sc+500

Here is an SC-545 which is the bigger 6-head Pro II machine...
http://www.digitsmith.com/roland-54-solvent-inkjet-printer-cutter-sc-545-ex-15-995-us-8419.html

sfr table hockey

Lets get it clear the CJ, and SC have a crop mark sensor. It doesnt have auto registration sensor"

Hey Table you ever done a print/lam/cut on your CJ , if you have you know you have to set base point on first crop mark then hit align point the cutter head goes over and finds the next three marks. This is crop mark sensing not auto registration which compensates for loading media cruked.

The SC is a totally different printer than the CJ. The SC uses epson DX4 heads and 6 of them not like the CJ's DX3 head and uses 2 of them. The SC can be fitted with rolands new pump that is outstanding were as the CJ cant. The SC has 2 wipers were the CJ has 1. The SC has 6 captops were as the CJ has 2.

SC's surpasses the CJ in speed and quality.... Hey ben if you want the user manual and the service manual I can give those to you just PM me.

The other one you might be thinking of SJ 500 (soljet). I don't know much about this one if it had more print heads like you said.

sfr table hockey

This is more for anyone following this post and was not clear on the crop mark thing.

On the Cj 500 you can print crop marks (two in the front, right and left sides of the page, and one on the back right of the print job). From there once the job was printed you can remove it and laminate then install back to about the same area it was in before. As long as you are within 5 deg. all you need to do is have the crop marks in the front of the print, line up with an imaginary line from the cutter head. From there it will seek out the first right crop mark then go find the left crop mark and last find the back right automatically. Then once ready you just send the job as cut only and it cuts. My test was on a few decals. I am not sure what it will be like on a page full of decals to cut but on the few I did it was bang on.

I am not sure if this is what you would call "auto registration" or not but I think this is all that the OP was wondering about. You also can do a manual line up by moving the cutter head over each mark and hitting a key to set the spot but I think the automatic one would be faster.