• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How should this be handled?

wes70

Follow up:
I ended up not posting anything on their facebook page. The owners were upset that the installer posted pics without their permission. The owners took their own pics and thanked us for the signs and allowed us to use their pics. We also added production pics of own for our social media sites. All in all it worked out fine as we have received a lot of positive feedback and picked up more work!

Thanks to all for your suggestions and feedback!

Jeremiah

We were at an art show one time. We talked to a very talented artist and purchased a picture he had painted. She hung it on the wall in our house and if someone comes over and asks about it, she tells them about the art show and the artist. She never brags about how she hung the art on the wall ! Why would she ? If she said look at my work , people would get the idea she was the artist rather than the nail installer.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
While that's a cute analogy, it doesn't quite fit the same scenario as going on here. Someone taking credit for someone else's work is one thing, but if no one knew what one could or could not do....... there are many installers ONLY on this site. Ask them how they handle it ?? There are many companies here who do both and help out smaller companies unable to do the hard part. All the pictures Moze has posted up, does he give credit where credit is due ?? I would certainly hope so. We used to have a guy here named Rick the Circle Maker, who constantly said he only designed, but others fabricated and installed the signs. I see no reason, why the OP just doesn't post the finished signs with one or 2 progress pictures on his own website and be done with it. Also, if it was never explained to the installing company here, why not just make a simple phone call and ask them to please give you the proper credit and ONLY take credit for installing it.

Funny part is...... I can't count high enough to tell ya how many people on THIS forum have websites with fake pictures of not only their abilities, but of their work. They picture sh!t taken off the internet and pose it as their own. They think by cleverly disguising the wording that they are skirting around it, but to anyone who knows, they ain't. How 'bout the guy, just the other day, who had watermarks going through 1/2 of their website pictures. These people should be stopped, but no one wants to take the time.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
I get it but it seems petty to me, more so because it is a facebook squabble which will have zero implications on your business. It didn't sound like the guy took credit for anything, just posted a picture of a job he installed. If we're going to make arbitrary rules about patting everyone down the line on the back, where does it start and stop? There is often times an engineer, designer, installer, fab shop, powder coater etc etc and its pretty common for many hands to be involved in a finished product.

Notarealsignguy

I think the squabble itself will generate some bad publicity...
Kind of my point. It's just like reading a review where the negative person was in the wrong but the owner then chimes in with an insulting defensive reply. Always take the high road.
If you want to call someone out, pick up the phone and do it. Its more professional, you get to a solution faster AND there is no record of it.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
OR - do just what the OP did. It sounds like it's resolved - he remains professional and has even gained new clients because of the way it was handled. Cheers to wes70! well done

Notarealsignguy

OR - do just what the OP did. It sounds like it's resolved - he remains professional and has even gained new clients because of the way it was handled. Cheers to wes70! well done
He already had the client? That's who they made the sign for but then mixed them up in the drama.
How does that conversation go? Hey, can you give me pictures of the sign cuz we hired a guy to put the sign up and he posted it on facebook and its not fair and we need to post it too so everyone knows who made it? I dont mean to bust his stones but really think about it. Guy starts a new business and here comes 2 contractors bickering over who has the prettiest dress.

wes70

He already had the client? That's who they made the sign for but then mixed them up in the drama.
How does that conversation go? Hey, can you give me pictures of the sign cuz we hired a guy to put the sign up and he posted it on facebook and its not fair and we need to post it too so everyone knows who made it? I dont mean to bust his stones but really think about it. Guy starts a new business and here comes 2 contractors bickering over who has the prettiest dress.

Not sure how this all got construed, but it didn’t go down like this at all. Read the original post.

Notarealsignguy

The owners were upset that the installer posted pics without their permission. The owners took their own pics and thanked us for the signs and allowed us to use their pics
I did read the original. Did they stumble upon the post all on their own? Something prompted their response, them giving you pictures and telling you to go ahead and post them. Am I wrong?

asd

its kind of tricky, does the company who sells you a set of channel letters be mad at your company for posting pictures of something that they fabricated, or gemini would get upset if you post a picture of aluminum letters that you bought from them? after all your company had nothing to do with the fabrication all your company did was the installation.

Jeremiah

I appreciate this post . The more I read here,, the more I see it is not solved and will never be unless there is an understanding of who is the sign creator , the employee , who gets to give and get credit for the job. , who lives with a sense of entitlement. Walter Brennan. In one of his movie roles said " no brag just fact" .