• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to adjust tension/pull force of take-up reel? (XR-640)

tedbragg

I avoid using our take-up reel because it pulls too hard and can stretch the material. Is there a way to dial it back? The manual doesn't really say and we're out of warranty, so calling them is out. It's on the XR-640.
:-(

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Isn't there a little dial on the right hand side of the take up?

What kind of material / heat settings are you using that they can be stretched by the take up? That seems like another issue to me.

The only issues we had with the take-up on our XR was that it walked like crazy and couldn't be trusted, guaranteed head strikes after a couple of hours if you walked away from it.

cornholio

There is no way to reduce tension out of the box. But if you adjust the straightness of the takeup, it can help.(try to even out the distance from the print platen(pinch rollers actually, but they are hard to measure) to the takeup roll.)