• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to arc text in Flexi

thesignguy1986

Quick and dumb 2 questions. I have Flexi 8 and I'm trying to arc the text in the program and can't figure it out. I haven't used Flexi in probably 2 years and now that I'm using it again I can't remember how to do it. Yes I'm the first to tell you I've been using other programs and have pretty much lost my mind not remembering this.

Also I'm having trouble with reverse letters cuting out. For example if I create a black rectangular box with white lettering on it and I want it to cut with the black box and peel out the letters since my board is white how do I do it? In my other programs I just with the outline color so cut with it but can't seem to figure it out on here.

Well if you can help that'd be great and well if you awnt to call me an idiot for not remembering feel free because I'm pretty embarrased right about now.

cgsigns_jamie

Use the Text on an Arc tool for arc'd text.
> Click and Hold the "T" in the tool bar to access the different text tools.

To reverse cut your graphics you need to compound the elements.
> Effects > Combine > Compound

Or you can just click the "Send all colors" check box in production manager. Then when you go to plot your graphics it will cut everything selected, and not separate by color.

(I'm at home and don't have my Flexi key so the menu names may be slightly off)

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
There are two different ways to create arched text.

1. Text on an arc. Select the Text on Arc tool and type away. Control is by size of circle, size of text, justification, spacing and kerning. The tool is located under the main text tool.

text on arc.jpg

2. Arched text by distortion. Type the text with the standard text tool. Select it and click on Effects > Distort. Select the desired distortion and adjust to suit your needs. There is more than one distortion that will achieve the effect.

arch dist.jpg

thesignguy1986

POST CLOSED.....Thanks for the help I figured out how to do it all in about 20 minutes it's just been awhile since I've used it but I do appreciate your help