• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to fix printed dimensions on my JFX200-2513EX being too small?

artifacture

I have a new JFX200-2513EX. Per the installers suggestion, I printed lines representing the right and bottom-most edge and applied adhesive metal rulers along the marks. This gives me a very thin, but still raised edge to butt the material against. It also gives me quick reference to table position.

Later, when I printed a job double sided by flipping the material vertically, I found that I had to offset both sets of art 0.015" on the feed axis so they lined up perfectly front-to-back. When I tried to print multiple sheets spaced at known intervals across the scan axis, I found that the art was not centered on sheets 2 and 3.

I printed lines at 1" intervals across the scan axis and it starts out right on the mark, but gets progressively more and more off across the table until 95" when it has lost a full 1/8". My installer has been "looking into it" for 6 weeks and hasn't gotten back to me. He said it could be several different things, but since I believe it exists in both axis, it seems like a setting that should be adjusted rather than an encoder being bad.

I could scale the art up in the software, but it amounts to 100.13175...% which is many more decimal places than the software accepts.

Attachments

• IMG_3359.jpeg
    IMG_3359.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 64
  • IMG_3360.jpeg
    IMG_3360.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_3362.jpeg
    IMG_3362.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_3364.jpeg
    IMG_3364.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_3366.jpeg
    IMG_3366.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 46

Smoke_Jaguar

Man who touches printers inappropriately.
Go to the Quality tab in Rasterlink and look for the middle of the page to set scan and feed compensation. It will have a field for the image size and printed size. That should get you squared away.