• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question How to you make large purchasing decisions?

ADVANCED DISPLAY

ADVANCED DISPLAY
I am buying a Kongsberg cutter and will be selling my 7 year old Multicam Router for $35K. I originally paid $78K. The routers hold their value as opposed to my HP FB500 which I will only be getting $10K. I am replacing the HP FB500 with an Agfa H2500i LED hybrid printer.
I'm getting serious about a router for my shop, we don't have one at the moment and we need to get one. I originally looked a Kongsburg but now I'm leaning towards Multicam. Any particular reason you're making the opposite switch? any problems/complains about the Multicam?

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I'm getting serious about a router for my shop, we don't have one at the moment and we need to get one. I originally looked a Kongsburg but now I'm leaning towards Multicam. Any particular reason you're making the opposite switch? any problems/complains about the Multicam?
You see he is talking about two different machines. Router and cutter.
Multicam cutter didn't even exist 7 years ago. Multicam routers however are great machines. I doubt he just needed a cutter more now.

LarryB

The Multicam is a great machine and served us well. The Kongsberg is a much faster machine for the applications we are using it for. Kongsberg has better hold down for routing smaller pieces and the knife tool is significantly faster.

LarryB

You see he is talking about two different machines. Router and cutter.
Multicam cutter didn't even exist 7 years ago. Multicam routers however are great machines. I doubt he just needed a cutter more now.
Multicam has been in business since 1989