• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How would you create a .plt file .....

stitchup

Here's a very simple image.

OutbackImport.jpg

Just 2 colours, yellow & black. For most, creating a .plt file is simple and it soon will be for me too :)

How would you go about creating the .plt file?

Personally, I'd use spot foils and as I have yellow vinyl, only black would be required.

Just interested to know what steps you'd take to produce this on white vinyl. I can do this but, maybe I'm doing it in a long winded way :)

Thanks

John

Last edited by a moderator:

Jillbeans

I would save it as a black & white .bmp then click "Place Image" (F10 under "File") to get it into Composer then click "Raster to Vector" (Ctrl+F8 under "Shape") to trace the image. This is in GA 6.2, haven't figgered out Omega yet.
Then I would clean up any extra nodes, unsquish that awful font, assign vynull colrs and cut.
Love....Jill

mamos

I would draw a square, round the corners off, turn it through 45 deg, Throw a contour round it, throw a larger contour round it, combine the two smaller ones, manually re-create the kangaroo, find the font, draw a box round it, shape the box to fit the shape. weld it to the larger contour, create a dropshadow

job done

10 minutes tops

mamos

animenick65

I would draw a square, round the corners off, turn it through 45 deg, Throw a contour round it, throw a larger contour round it, combine the two smaller ones, manually re-create the kangaroo, find the font, draw a box round it, shape the box to fit the shape. weld it to the larger contour, create a dropshadow

job done

10 minutes tops

mamos

Thats pretty much it. If you have streamline or something like that it would make quick work of the kangaroo.

woolly

job done

10 minutes tops

mamos

excellent work flow Paul and the finished result would be nice and crisp

woolly

stitchup

Thanks for the replies.

I did use your method Mamos and it worked very well. Then I cheated and use vectormagic, saved as a .eps file and imported into Omega - worked a treat.

jillbeans - not the same jillbeans on UKSignboards?

Anyway, with the help I've managed to print & cut a few decals tonight and they look okay :). Just need more practice to get my head around the way Omega works.

These are for fun, not to offend :)

Cheers

John

Attachments

• CameraBastard002.jpg
    CameraBastard002.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 153
  • OutbackImport007.jpg
    OutbackImport007.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 137
Last edited by a moderator: