• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How your IT guy could be spying on you at work

GypsyGraphics

i don't get the connection with his line of business... that could be any guy you come in contact with anywhere.

is it true that someone has the right to take your picture just because you're in a public place?
and can do anything they want with it as long as they don't distribute it or profit from it?

just curious

iSign

I don't know... I still subscribe to "the right to right hook" anyone... so I guess these rights sorta cancel each other out

ThinkRight

i don't get the connection with his line of business... that could be any guy you come in contact with anywhere.

is it true that someone has the right to take your picture just because you're in a public place?
and can do anything they want with it as long as they don't distribute it or profit from it?

just curious

Just imagine you work in an office at a desk,or a cubicle...
Your puter locks up......
The IT guy comes and you keep working on something else....
The guy reaches under the desk to check connection or the tower.....
And now he knows what color thong you are wearing....if you wear one,
/ sorry to be so graphic but a woman should know this.

signswi

just curious

This is pretty basic, yes they have that right and they can distribute and profit from it. You have that right too. There's no right to privacy in public spaces.

The OP's article is a joke anyone from any profession could be a creeper why single out IT guys. Poor nerds have been picked on enough in their lives. For every IT guy looking up skirts there's ten bosses leveraging their power to sleep with women in his company.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
This is pretty basic, yes they have that right and they can distribute and profit from it. You have that right too. There's no right to privacy in public spaces.

The OP's article is a joke anyone from any profession could be a creeper why single out IT guys. Poor nerds have been picked on enough in their lives. For every IT guy looking up skirts there's ten bosses leveraging their power to sleep with women in his company.

Actually, in order to properly profit from the work, the person would need to sign a release to the photos/video in order for the person not to have the ability to sue the "photographer" for sale of photos without his/her permission. Good stuff to know.

signswi

http://communications-media.lawyers.com/privacy-law/Photography-or-Video-Taping-Consent.html

Not exactly. A release is good practice as it will expedite a trial but photos in public are a messy area of law and there's nothing specifically preventing a photo taken in public to be profited from without a release. Basically the subject would have to prove that they had a reasonable expectation of privacy. There are some things that can make it even messier (right of celebrity) but you should always assume (as a subject) that if you're in public...you're in public.

http://www.krages.com/ThePhotographersRight.pdf