• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hp 10000s Ink Starvation and Dropout

aquasco

Hi for all,

I have big problem with my machine in all printing modes! After regular daily maintenance of wipers and capping station, perfect IQ test I try to print from Flexi and after 10 cm of print magenta starting to loosing jets, after some time of pausing (1-2 hours) and one strong cleaning everything work fine for 3-4 hours of printing. After this time problem starting on black color, same problem!?
I have this almost every day in random order of colors (somethime Lights, somethime magenta, cyan, black, but newer on yellow (?)!
Temperature in room is 20-25 degrees celsius! I use SunChemical Optima ink!
I change capping station, wipers and wiper station, dampers... No air in ink lines, I try to lower temperature on head platten but nothing help?!
:banghead:

dbot

Hi aquasco.

I am having a similar problem with my 9000. have you found a solution yet?

I am suspection dampers but i also worry it may be heads.

Andrew L

Hi all recently had the same problem on my HP10000s

First i thought i was ink or printhead problem! However i managed to get over it!

I can reliably confirm its an inkflow problem!

Check the following!

1. If you have recently changed dampers: Make sure they are air tight! If not try changing the dampers
2. Try Flashing the heads with solvent to clear any clogged inks in the head
Check the printhead lable for the right head voltage to use for that head and insert the L & R head voltage in the Advanced menu PH Voltage! If you dont get the right head voltage to use you will get Quality problems!

Wish you the best

aquasco

1. If you have recently changed dampers: Make sure they are air tight! If not try changing the dampers

Yes I change the dampers, and checked ink lines and o rings - everything is OK! Cables on printheads is also OK!

2. Try Flashing the heads with solvent to clear any clogged inks in the head
Check the printhead lable for the right head voltage to use for that head and insert the L & R head voltage in the Advanced menu PH Voltage! If you dont get the right head voltage to use you will get Quality problems!

After switching from HP to Sun ink i have some modifications on L&R voltage (about 1-1.5 v on some heads). What do you mean "right head voltage"? Is on machine some visual test for right head voltage?
Also, frustrating thing is that one day machine work fine, but on the next day is full with problems! I think that maybe SUN ink is not good, and I speak with tech from SUN, and he show me HP9000s with SUN ink in Demo center, and machine printing perfectly!? We have few solvent Vutek-s and Roland-s in company, and all working with SUN ink without any problems!

aminthomas

I had a similar problem earlier.
Replacing the ink pump tubes underneath the service station solved the problem.
Apparently the tube loop in the pump get clogged over time by the pump mechanism thereby decreasing the cleaning efficiency.