• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP 5000PS Printhead path 2 keeps coming on when I restart the printer

Famous Ramos

I have this HP 5000ps, I have 2 problems, " check Printhead path 2" keeps coming on. What do I do. They are not that old.
The other problem is that it doesn't recognize any of my UV inks. Its telling me to insert the ink, ( 0%, 0ml).

Tony McD

I have the same "prinhead path" error.
In my case, it's the belt that drives the head back and forth.
It is deteriorating and pieces of it fall into the path and the carriage drags
on them. So...my machine needs a new belt.
I've seen belts on e-bay for about $40 with instructions.

You should have a cleaning kit. There's a tool to clean the shafts the carriage
runs on. It's possible a good cleaning will fix your problem, but look in there
with a flashlight and see if there are little rubber pieces from the belt in there.
Even the gears at each end can get rubber built up on them causing problems.

I've used a vacuum with a small hose taped to it to clean up and down the track.
There isn't much room for anything else to get in there and clean.

Not sure about the not recognizing inks.
Never had that problem, but if the machine isn't seeing any of the inks,
it doesn't sound good.

Hope this helps

SuperBrady

Most common problem i the 2 shafts that the carriage runs on gets dry. I have used some Tri-Flow (bicycle chain lube) on a blue shop towel (leaves nothing behind) and lube the shaft and move the carriage by hand. Turn on the the printer and pull power after carrage moves from home position.

Belts do wear out and not to bad to replace. you can get the part numbers if you go to partsurfer.hp.com