• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hp 5500 Designjet Printer

mitsfreak12

Hi all,

I have an HP5500 designjet series running on dye based inks (or waterbased). So basically its considered an eco friendly printer? If that is so, does anyone here have a knowledge if HP certified that or is there a place where I can get a documentation of proof that it is an eco friendly printer?

Tell ya guys, nowadays when people wanna go green, a lot of things go in their mind. A client of ours wanted it done all in eco friendly materials.

Hope anyone can help share an info for me.

thanks

veloxgraphics

Tell the client all your machines run off of a subterranian river powered hydro, and that your ink is made from the blood of unicorns, and nothing BAD can come from unicorns.

:toasting:

Mspec

Water based inks such as are used in the Designjet series printers are "eco-friendly" in regards to the fact that the inks do not produce any VOC's during or after printing, the printer itself is approved for running in an office environment, and the prints produced on them do not require special handling or waste procedures. With aqueous inks, handling new and used ink cartridges and waste ink involves a lower level of environmental, health, and safety precautions compared to solvent and UV-curable inks. Nevertheless,
commercial and industrial inkjet inks should always be handled, used, stored, and disposed of in accordance with information provided in the ink’s Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). You should be able to find the MSDS sheets on HP's website.